1. The Fantasy Game ("the Game") is offered by the league administrator
("the Promoter"). The Game is operated by BlueYellow Media Limited ("the
2. Entry to the Game can be made at the website ("the Site") www.fantastar.com.
When registering for the Game you will be asked to irrevocably agree to the Terms
and Conditions, which confirms that you entering into an agreement with the Promoter
and the Provider on the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions.
3. A Fantastar league will remain active for a period of 12 months from the date
of the league creation.
4. Funds raised through the Site will be transferred to the Promoter upon request.
Fantastar charges a 20% commission (merchant fee) which is used to meet the website running costs and develop new features.
In order to withdraw funds the Promoter must contact the support team and a PayPal transfer will be arranged.
One withdrawal can be made per year. The withdrawal can be made at any time but we recommend you do this near the end of the season, in case there are
any late entries. There is a £10 charge for additional withdrawals. Funds must be claimed
within 6 months of the expiry of the league.
5. The Provider reserves the right to refuse to accept team names that are felt in
its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be
deleted and the team will appear under the manager's name.
6. Each Fantastar league is password protected to prevent spurious fantasy team
registrations. It is the responsibility of the league administrator to ensure that the league
password is kept secure. If a league administrator wishes to change a league password then
please contact the support team.
7. The players included on the player list and their positional classifications
are determined by the Promoter. The Provider will not enter into any
correspondence relating to details of the player list. Instead, the
correspondence must be directed to the Promoter.
8. Players will score points as illustrated in the league rules. Any
discrepancies in the results must be taken up with the Promoter.
9. Informative and explanatory copy relating to the Provider, including the scoring
system and rules, form part of the terms and conditions of this game.
10. The Promoter reserves the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which,
in their opinion, does not comply with the rules and regulations of the website
or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. The Promoter further has an
absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the rules
of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall
attach to the Promoter
or the Provider as a result thereof and that the exercise of such
discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any
participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final
and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
11. The Promoter agrees to not offer any prizes through the Site if the league is based in the UK. This must be strictly
adhered to in order to comply with the 2005 Gambling Act (more information). Failure to do so will
result in deactivation of the Game. For leagues based outside the UK the league administrator accepts full responsibility for
compliance with applicable local laws. In no event will the Provider, its officers, directors, employees or agents be liable to you for compliance with local laws.
The Provider exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws,
all liability for any claims, losses, demands and damages arising directly or indirectly out
of or in any way connected with the use of the Site.
The Provider and the Promoter agree to use their reasonable endeavours to maintain the Site
in a fully operating condition and error free. As neither the Provider nor the Promoters can
guarantee that the Site will always be fully operational or error free they do not accept
responsibility for any defects that may exist or for any costs or losses arising from
your use of or inability to access the Site.
14. Any site users found to be attempting or suspected of attempting
to hack into any servers or systems run by the Provider will be immediately
removed from the system. The Provider reserves the right to
report the matter to the relevant authorities.
15. You agree that your use of the site shall be at your sole risk to the fullest extent permitted by law, the provider, their officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use thereof. The provider makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site's content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissionsin any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site. The promoter and provider does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the site or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and the promoter and provider will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
16. In no event shall the Provider, their officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether ornot the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. You specifically acknowledge that the promoter and provider shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
17. All content and services provided on or through this site are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties or conditions of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non infringement. Your use of this site is solely at your risk. In no event shall we be liable to you for your accessing of this site or under or related to this agreement for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, reliance, exemplary or consequential damages, loss of profits, loss of expected savings, or any other non-direct damages howsoever caused. We will not be liable to you for any dispute you may have with another party on account of your using this Site nor will we be a party to such disputes. If we are named a party to such disputes, the party naming us will be liable for our costs.
18. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Provider, its owner, officers, employees, representatives, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns, including all third parties mentioned at this Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of this Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms of Service or in connection with your use of the site.
19. Leagues can be switched to 'free-to-enter' mode for a small charge. This means that partipicants can enter your league without having to pay an entry fee.
Leagues which are switched to 'free-to-enter' have a limit of 100 fantasy team registrations. This limit can be extended by agreement with Fantastar. Charges paid for 'free-to-enter'
leagues are non-refundable.
20. Leagues can be upgraded to i) a custom microsite, or ii) an embedded league, for a small non-refundable charge.
Fantastar embedded leagues are optimised for websites with a page width of 960px.
We do not recommend that Fantastar leagues are embedded on a website with narrower dimensions.
A test Fantastar embedded league is available to check compatibility; contact the support team for details.
21. The Provider may periodically update and revise these terms and conditions and
you agree to be bound by such revisions and should therefore revisit this page
periodically to acquaint yourself with as such.